Sunday, May 8, 2011

Flora and Fauna/ Flexible Edits

1. Flower
2. 5/5/11- 11:29 AM
3. Rick's Gardens
4. f/8
5. 1/200 sec. - Canon PowerShot SX30 IS
6. I really liked the blue sky in the background as well as the tree, so I created a large # aperture when taking the shot. In my editing, I created adjustment masks to increase the magenta and yellow in the color balance. I also increased the hue and saturation.

1. Flower #2
2. 5/5/11- 11:28 AM
3. Ricks Gardens
4. f/8
5. 1/125 sec. - Canon PowerShot SX30 IS
6. My techniques and editing for this photo are the exact same as the above photo. I was just playing with various angles of this flower. I really liked having the white fence in this photo with the flower. I think all of the colors including the blue sky go really well together.


1. Running Horses
2. 5/4/11- 5:27 PM
3. Limon- Archer Highway
4. f/4.5
5. 1/250 sec.- Canon PowerShot SX30 IS
6. In this photo, I increased my shutter speed so that I could catch the horses running as well as freeze the dust that they were creating which I thought was a cool effect. In my editing, I cropped the image to highlight the focal point. I also clone stamped out a large irrigation pipe that was running across the grass. The only other thing I did, was increase the saturation and played with the color balance a little bit.

1. Water Drops
2. 5/5/11- 10:56 AM
3. Ricks Gardens
4. f/4.0
5. 1/800 sec.- Canon PowerShot SX30 IS
6. For this photo, the sprinklers had just turned off, and I loved the drops of water on the flowers. I wanted to focus on the drops of water so I created a small aperture so that the rest of the background would blur. In my editing, all I did was increase the saturation, and I brought out the yellows in color balance.

1 comment:

  1. I love your running horses picture! It was so hard when I photographed animals to capture a good moment- mostly they came out looking boring. I guess it takes some practice to be able to take the shot right when it's really good. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete