Sunday, May 8, 2011

Adjustment Layers and Smart Filters

1. Horses
2. 5/4/11- 5:29 PM
3. Archer Highway
4. f/5.0
5. 1/250 sec.- Canon PowerShot SX30 IS
6. For this shot, I got lucky that they all looked up at the same time when I whistled at them. I once again clone stamped out an irrigation pipe that was running through the foreground. For my adjustment layer editing, I increased the saturation, and played with the color balance. I also sharpened the image in filters. I then created a Gaussian Blur over the entire photo and then created a layer mask, then used black paint to re-sharpen the horses and some of the foreground. I thought that this really made the horses stand out.


1. Poster Edge Flower
2. 5/5/11- 10:57 AM
3. Ricks Gardens
4. f/8
5. 1/125 sec. - Canon PowerShot SX30 IS
6. For this shot I wanted the flower to seem bigger than it was. I used a large # aperture so that everything would be more in focus in the background. For the smart filter, I converted the image to a smart object. I then added and Poster Edge filter. I played with the balance to get some of the outlines more crisp. In the free mask that was added, I used black paint to brush out some of the areas that had too much poster edge. This is kinda of a fun style!

No comments:

Post a Comment