Sunday, May 1, 2011

Blending and Typography

BLENDING:
Original:

1. Guitar
2. 5/1/11- 11:56 PM
3. My House
4. f/3.2- Canon PowerShot SX30 IS
5. 1/30 sec.
6. I love my guitar, I think the colors are really pretty. I think that this angle is also pretty cool. I increased the brightness and contrast on this photo for the basic editing and I was in auto mode when I shot it. 


Texture Original:

1. Pebbled Road Texture Shot
2. 4/27/11- 3:09 PM
3. Poleline Road
4. f/4.0- Canon PowerShot SX30 IS
5. 1/400 sec.
6. This is a zoomed up picture of the road. I increased the contrast a little bit so that the individual pebbles would stand out a little bit more. I thought it created a nice overlaying texture. I chose this picture for my guitar texture because it kinda reminds me of the beach.

Texture Blended Guitar Photo:

I probably could have changed the opacity even more on this picture and erased out some of the texture that is off of the guitar, but I did not want to because I thought it gave it a pretty cool look as it was. I used tutorial number 27 in Custom Images and #1 on that page. I just used the stacking of transparent layers to create this effect.

Typogrpahy:
Original:

1. Summer Fruits
2. 5/1/11- 12:01 PM
3. My Kitchen
4. f/2.7
5. 1/30 sec.- Canon PowerShot SX30 IS
6. I went grocery shopping and I could not help but get excited about the colors of the fruit, and about summer! I used the lighting from my kitchen window and increased the brightness and saturation by just a little bit to show just how bright these fruits were! I used tutorial number 17 in "Custom Images" to have repeat and fade of fun summer words over this shot. 

Repeat and Fade Type:

2 comments:

  1. I love the angles of your shots, especially the curb shot. I also like the contrast of the blue sky and the yellow in the tractor shot. Your blends are great too. Great idea to have the summer fruits and typography. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the texture layered guitar! The pebbles were a really cool choice for the texture. I think it totally changed the feel of the image. I think the angle that you used to capture the guitar was also really interesting. The colors seem to work really well with the texture. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete