Sunday, June 12, 2011

Photography Post- Night Photography

Blurred Lights:

1. Blurred Sphere
2. 6/11/11- 10:03 PM
3. My House
4. f/2.7
5. 8.0 sec.- Canon PowerShot SX30 IS
6. For this shot I just left the shutter speed open for 8 seconds and set my camera on a tripod to avoid shake. I used these little finger lights that my friends got me for Christmas and just moved around and made a spherical shape around myself while the shutter was open. In my editing, I sharpened the image a little bit and increased the saturation.

Light Graffiti:

1. Light Love
2. 6/11/11- 10:08 PM
3. My House
4. f/2.7
5. 8.0 sec.- Canon PowerShot SX30 IS
6. For this shot I used a tripod to avoid shake and used my blue finger light to trace "I love you" on my wall with the shutter for 8 seconds. In my editing I did sharpen the image a little bit and add saturation.

Camera Motion:


1. Colored Lightning
2. 6/11/11- 10:50 PM
3. My House
4. f/2.7
5. 5.0 sec.- Canon PowerShot SX30 IS
6. For this shot I placed my finger lights at the top of the carpet and then moved my camera down the line moving backwards and jerking the camera about in random motions side to side. I only left my shutter open for 5 seconds. I did not apply any editing to this photo.

Light Painting:

1. Buried Treasure
2. 6/11/11- 10:57 PM
3. My House
4. f/4.0
5. 10 sec.- Canon PowerShot SX30 IS
6. For this shot, I set up a treasure box that I made for my sisters birthday and laid out the jewels around it. Then, I set up my tripod and used and LED flashlight to paint certain parts of the box. I wanted the front of the box and the jewels to be most prominent so I left the flashlight on those sections for longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment