Friday, August 12, 2011

Guru Contest- Photoshop World

Lost in Redwood Glimmer Original:


Edited:


I submitted the following photo in the Guru Contest for Photoshop World. Walking through Big Basin National Park in Northern California, my family and I were blown away by the greatness of the Redwood trees. It was hard to capture the moment of emotion and wonder as we stared up at these huge creations. I feel that this photo sums up some of the feelings that were felt this day. In my editing, I took it into Camera Raw and increased the contrast and the saturation. I also added a small vignette and kept the lens flare that was found on the photo because I think it adds to the image in helping show what was truly seen with the sun reflecting down through the trees. I then brought it into Photoshop and sharpened the image as well as clone stamped some unwanted lens flare and branches in the photo.

Lost in Redwood Glimmer-8/4/2001-2:20 p.m.- Big Basin, California-f/4.5-1/100 sec.- Canon PowerShot SX30 IS

http://www.byuiphotographics.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment