Sunday, July 10, 2011

"Celebrate" Contest Photos

Celebrate Culture
7/4/11- 10:01 AM
f/8
1/200 sec.
Canon PowerShot SX30 IS
At the Rexburg parade, I thought this was the perfect shot to represent the culture that was present here in Rexburg! It was so cute to see the kids involved with everything and I feel this photo shows how much color, life and fun was brought to the scene. In my editing, I used Camera Raw for my first edits in contrast, fill light, saturation, recovery, vignetting, and clarity. Then, I brought the image into Photoshop to sharpen the mask the boy was wearing even more to show detail. I also added a Gaussian Blur and masked out the shape of the boy to make him stand out even more.

I entered this photo into the Photographics Society Celebrate Theme contest because I love The Fourth of July and Summer and everything that goes along with it! I feel like the majority of the shots I take deal with bright colors, happy moments, and things that remind me of celebrating life!

http://www.byuiphotographics.blogspot.com/

I entered this photo on July 5, 2011


Celebrate Family and Friends
6/5/11- 7:39 PM
f/3.2
1/60 sec.
Canon PowerShot SX30 IS

This is my best friend's little girl Mercedes. She is always happy, excited, and just flat out ADORABLE! I thought she was the perfect way to show what a picture of celebration would look like! Right around Fourth of July, she is sporting the right colors and is happy as can be! For my editing, I took it in to Camera Raw and added, contrast, fill light, increased my blacks, played with levels, and added clarity and recovery. Then, in Photo Shop, I sharpened the image and added a little bit of saturation. I also went into Color Balance to take out some of the green that seemed to be prevalent.

I entered this photo into the Photo-graphics Society Celebrate Theme contest because I love The Fourth of July and Summer and everything that goes along with it! I feel like the majority of the shots I take deal with bright colors, happy moments, and things that remind me of celebrating life!


http://www.byuiphotographics.blogspot.com/

I entered this photo on July 5, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment